Love is such a crazy thing






If you find your soulmate in life, hang on to them in whatever capacity you can.  But be realistic, you may desire them romantically, but life may have it that it doesn't work out that way.  Don't cut off your nose to spite your face.




To me and my generation, it is rare to meet someone you instantly connect with, and rarer still to find that that person is everything you require in a partner, to enhance your life.  I am surrounded by friends in various states of romantic relationships, either settling for less or putting up with things they are unhappy about, because they lack the mojo to free themselves.  I say, surrounded by, referring to the present moment, because a while back I used to be one of these people I am talking to you about. 
Funnily enough it was the statement at the top of the post, not hindsight, that provoked me into admitting that my own relationship status may not turn out how I wish. 
Some people walk into your life in the most explosive fashion, and continuously shake your world up whenever they drop by.  He materialised (definitely from the darkest of corners) beside me walking in the opposite direction of a stairwell englufed in a bass so serious, the walls shook.  I laugh as I remember his first words.  I wish I could tell you what they were!  And that was it.  I was hooked.  
Throughout the years to follow I never knew when he would appear.  Every time he disappeared there was a reason.  He would be waiting, whenever life moved us in different directions, to return to our first stance, and basically pick up where we left off.  He was a part of my life, even when he wasn't there.  Words could never seem to be sought to explain the intensity of the atmosphere between us.  It could be said that together we had an aura.  How can one person compliment another's being in such a way?  I did not think it was humanly possible.
When all cards were laid on the table, mine slotted perfectly into his.  His suits matched mine, my numbers followed on from his. Colours identical.  An epiphanous moment; the penny dropped.  He spins my negatives into positives. I can break him out of his norm.  He encourages (slyly forcefully) me to expand my range of hobbies.  I manage to coerce him into eating from food groups banned from his meal prep.  Life equals routine for him.  Life equals randomness for me.  The greater picture is that he just gets me, with no justification, no questions, no qualms, and I fully accept him warts and all.
I can't lie, I was somewhat deflated that my Unicorn did not sweep me off my feet and fly me past his house, and on to happily ever after (who wouldn't be).  I imagine an endless future containing all the magic our souls have to offer.  My heart aches for the rest of the puzzle to fit around our pieces...because the full picture is the stuff Love stories are made of.  I imagine exactly what my dreams are made of.  
I refer to my opening statement in order to invoke gratitude in my heart - If you find your soulmate in life, hang on to them in whatever capacity you can.  But be realistic, you may desire them romantically, however life may have it that it doesn't work out that way.  Don't cut off your nose to spite your face.
And I guess with that....I am thankful for what I have.





Much Love, EL x

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I enjoy reading what you think. Love you all xx

Blogger Template Created by pipdig