The Reading Tag

I was excited when I came across this tag on Oh! Leona and thought "ooohhhh this is interesting!" :)

Sippin' on Pukka Three Cinnamon Tea while I read on the train
                           

1. Do you have a certain place for reading at home?
I love my sofa. My dream spot would be a window seat in a cosy little fireplaced, room, off a well stocked library in a large house.  Preferably my house.

2. Bookmark or random piece of paper? 
Both.  Whenever I visit a library or bookstore I collect a free book mark.  However, I am adept at making my own or using postcards or something written down that means something to me- a motto or personal reminder.

3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter or certain number of pages?
I'll finish the paragraph.

4. Do you eat or drink when reading?
Nothing beats a cup of tea when settling down with a book.  The odd glass of wine can be special teamed with a good read.  If I am out in a park some cold and icy if the weather is nice.

5. Do you watch tv or listen to music when reading?
The tv will not com between a good book that holds my interest.  when travelling I will sometimes put my ear phones in to block out the world while I read.

6. One book at a time or several at once?
Several at a time.  As time has gone on I seem to have developed a short concentration span.  So I can jump from one book to another.  It depends what mood I'm in with regards to what I want to read. I try to limit myself to one non-fiction and one fiction at a time.

7. Reading at home or anywhere?
I can read anywhere.  On the train, in parks, libraries, buses, cars...yes anywhere.

8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
Silently in my head.  If I am having trouble understanding something I will repeat it out loud.

9. Do you ever read ahead or skip pages?
I am not one for long winded descriptions so in parts like these I will skip ahead if I feel the book is worth reading still.  Sometimes you can find a really good story but its packed with useless descriptions and characters feelings so skipping that bit allows you to get back to the regular scheduled programming.

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it new?
Well.  Here's a revelation for you.  I have a kindle but still buy paperbacks. *horrified face*.  I absolutely love my kindle.  I got it for Christmas  just when Kindles made their debut and I was so delighted, because I was running out of room for any more books.  I still have it but I buy nonfiction books in paperback so I can make notes and go back and reference them later.  I buy the odd fiction paper when I spot a good deal, but only if it is cheaper than on Kindle (Kindle books are mostly always cheaper than print).  So, in regards to the question, ha, I don't tend to break the spine...I stretch it: not completely broken or completely new.

11. Do you write in your books?
Only in non-fiction books, for reference purposes.

12. What are you currently reading?
I currently have my nose in Manuscript Found in Accra by Paulo Coelho and The Book of Negroes by Lawrence Hill.



Picked this up today, and I am thoroughly enjoying it!
                              

I hope you liked reading about how reading makes me feel!  I tag anybody who wishes to take part: if you do, be sure to leave your link below.

Did you know I am now on Facebook?  Check out my page and give it a 'Like'!
www.facebook.com/TheRandomnessofUnicorns

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I enjoy reading what you think. Love you all xx

Blogger Template Created by pipdig