What does our anger tell us?

I believe that anger is not a real emotion.  I always remind myself, when I am faced with someone's angry façade, that it is a mask for upset or hurt.

However, my own anger has me believe that it is very real!  It takes a lot of persuasion for me to break down the emotion and figure out what the real issue is.  Can I say annoyance?  Annoyance in abundance.  But of course there are times when it is actually hurt.

              "He who angers you, conquers you." - Elizabeth Kenny


While the other party may be angry, your own anger only inhibits you.  Seconds, minutes and hours lost over intense negative emotion about another human being, is a waste of precious life to be honest.  Yes, easy to say, much harder to do.  As always, practise makes perfect.

Next time Hulk threatens to shred his clothes and make an appearance from the depths of your soul, break down the 'anger' and work out why you feel that way.  Why YOU feel that way: because you are responsible for your emotions.  No one else.  Think about it.

Do you feel better now? I do.

Much love xx


~ Did you know I am now on Facebook?  Go ahead and give my page a 'like' here. ~

2 comments

  1. It's so strange how you decided to base this post on 'anger'. I've felt it over the last few days, over people (the usual). And for me, I need to find something to calm me down. Today I took a two hour long nap after lunch, forced myself to get up, then told myself that I'm the one in charge of my emotions, like you said. I felt much better, as though it was a new day. If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all... I've tried to go by this, but it seems as though it doesn't work either... any advice? Loved your last paragraph, the whole hulk reference :)

    Kayla :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Distraction is a good way to regain your composure; throw yourself into something creative, whether it be painting, drawing, writing music. Some people find that turning their negative emotion into a positive helps; fuel for the fire, if you will.

    Not commenting when you feel negative emotion is hard to do, but essential. Its horrible to spit venom at someone then later regret your attack. Its all about the old-fashioned deep breath, during confrontation, and reminding yourself why it is important you keep quiet!

    'Anger' never lasts, so it is wise to make sure you do not get caught up in it, as the after effects can last longer than the actual emotion.

    Hope that helps :)

    P x

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! I enjoy reading what you think. Love you all xx

Blogger Template Created by pipdig